Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 05-05-2016, 12:56 PM   #1
hazy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Hex Vent install - houston area

Anyone wanna help me out w a hex vent install this weekend? Beers on me...it doesn't look like too challenging of a job, but I have no jigsaw, no sawhorses, and no shears....

I could probably pick up all the tools and stuff from my ol' man, but figured it'd be worth a shot to see if anyone in the area has some experience, and maybe could cut down the time to complete...
hazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 12:45 PM   #2
hazy

nobody?

Well blah...

Looks like the weather is gonna keep me from doing this for a while, anyhow...if you happen to stumble across this post here and are interested, hit me up!
Old 05-16-2016, 01:11 PM   #3
camaro500

Drives: 2017 Jaguar F Type R Tuned 498awhp
Will somebody help this fellow member out?! He is offering free beers! I'm considering driving down from Canada depending on how much free beer is offered
camaro500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 03:29 PM   #4
hazy

hahaha thanks for the bump!

I feel pretty confident I can do it myself, just gotta get the time and tools pulled together...pops has the tools, so I can get them pretty easily, but thinking this install would go a whole lot quicker if someone is there that knows wtf they're doing...

I'll get it done one way or another!! The weather sucks right now anyhow, so I'm looking at getting them on in 2 weeks at the soonest...
Old 05-16-2016, 09:18 PM   #5
Incyder

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
There are a couple good videos on youtube about installing them. You have probably seen them already. I've never installed those, I'm actually a new owner of a camaro and I'm just around here reading and learning. However, I'm in the Conroe area if you get stuck and need an extra pair of hands.
Incyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 07:25 AM   #6
hazy

Thanks man. Yeah, the instructions seem pretty straightforward, so I'm hoping it goes well. I figure most threads are saying anywhere from 2-3 hrs to install, so I'm just going to find a free morning/afternoon and take my time. I'd much rather take all day and do it right, as opposed to rush it and ruin my hood

The vids and instructions couldn't be more clear, so that's a huge bonus.
Old 05-17-2016, 11:05 AM   #7
Incyder

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
It looks like the key to doing a nice job is having the correct blade for the jig saw. I can see it getting messy quick if that goes wrong. That and some sharp sheers. Anyways, hit me up if you need me or just for some company and moral support.
Incyder is offline   Reply With Quote