Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-18-2010, 11:48 AM   #71
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Wow, that driver really really used poor judgment. If you are going to drive like an ass, just do it on an empty road, or better yet on a track, so you only hurt yourself! I can guarantee this though, unless that guy was filthy rich, that guy won't be driving a performance car again for a long time...

Does anybody know if your insurance will still cover you if you were driving recklessly and insurance can prove it? I think it does, but if it doesn't that guy is royally screwed.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:51 AM   #72
orange10s.c.

Drives: IOM 2SS RS M6 sunroof
One less stang on the road.
orange10s.c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 12:31 PM   #73
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cab2g View Post
Wow, that driver really really used poor judgment. If you are going to drive like an ass, just do it on an empty road, or better yet on a track, so you only hurt yourself! I can guarantee this though, unless that guy was filthy rich, that guy won't be driving a performance car again for a long time...

Does anybody know if your insurance will still cover you if you were driving recklessly and insurance can prove it? I think it does, but if it doesn't that guy is royally screwed.
generally yes, but pending on the policy a person may have could differ. So if you have say 500k of personal and liability coverage anything over that amount you must pay. So if you are driving recklessly and injury someone and they spent the rest of their life in a wheel chair you have the potential to have a judgment against you for 100 million or more to take care of all the bills incurred over time, not to mention jail time...

Last edited by GrnMchin; 07-22-2010 at 10:29 AM.
GrnMchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 12:33 PM   #74
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuryman96 View Post
So I stomped on a couple of other stangs and Z06 instead. The Z06 guy was laughing at me when I gave the staging dude the signal to match us up. Took the laugh off his face by the time we got to the finish line. Pumpkin wins again. Should have time tomorrow morning to send you some pic's.
cool
Old 07-18-2010, 12:33 PM   #75
Jefe's SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelicsowner View Post
The stang wasn't going backwards, he was driving down the street (forward), and he spooled up the SC, let loose, lost control and fish tailed, and ended up spinning around, crossing the median and into oncoming traffic with the ass end first.

The dude in the snake was probably 40-50 years old, older guy....and I dont believe the car was a dealership car....pretty sure it was his car.

And I heard that the elderly couple was released from the hospital last night, so they are ok.

I'm also from Co. Where did this happen?
I was gassing up in Thornton last saturday and saw a very similar car w/ a very similar driver (based on your description) gassing up on the oppostite side of the pumps I was. When he came out from paying he wouldn't even look at me let alone acknowledge me. I was hoping to ask/talk to him about his car but he just looked away from me got in his car and drove off.
Jefe's SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 12:42 PM   #76
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefe's SS View Post
I was gassing up in Thornton last saturday and saw a very similar car w/ a very similar driver (based on your description) gassing up on the oppostite side of the pumps I was. When he came out from paying he wouldn't even look at me let alone acknowledge me. I was hoping to ask/talk to him about his car but he just looked away from me got in his car and drove off.
Most stang owners want to pretend the Camaro does not exist. Cause now there is a new Sherriff in town. Very common.
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 12:43 PM   #77
Hoss

Drives: 2004GMC Extended Cab
I think the Shelby driver lost this ride and maybe his license......and he opened his Insurance Company up for a BIG loss by injuring the couple he hit. I don't think his Insurance Company will renwew him for a new Cobra.

That Cobra was a real beauty.......but it looks totaled to me. Post up you Ford owners.
Old 07-18-2010, 01:40 PM   #78
Icntdrv55
CCOTR Member

Drives: Victory Red 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Us Coloradoians drove up to Laramie for a Camarofest at the Chevy dealer.! The guty is from Laramie!
2010 Camaro SS/RS Victory Red A6- Vararam Intake, Doug Thorley Tri Y LTs, Magnaflow X-pipe, Flowmaster Super 40's, VMS Tune, Razzi Ground Effects, Herritage Grill, RED headlight and fog light Halos, LED DRLs, Dash and extended Door ABL, engine, grill and rear defusser LED lighting ........ 12.59@112.21 (DA Corrected)
Icntdrv55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 01:52 PM   #79
92z28

Drives: 1992 camaro z28
It amazes me how people can just throw around money like this. I have a car that is a great amount less than the super snake and i could never treat something that I cherish so much like that.(even though my car is a lot nicer than a super snake)

People these days, well I hope the elders are going to be okay!
Old 07-18-2010, 01:55 PM   #80
Jefe's SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icntdrv55 View Post
Us Coloradoians drove up to Laramie for a Camarofest at the Chevy dealer.! The guty is from Laramie!

Did the Mustang have WY or CO plates? I'm guessing WY as you stated the WY folks have seen him around a lot. The snake I saw had CO plates.
Old 07-18-2010, 02:04 PM   #81
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
That's what you get when you mix high HP and no brains.....in any car...not just Mustangs, I have seen many come close to doing the same thing.

Ok People, I hope everyone is paying attention... You never know what may happen on the street, so when on the street please drive sensibly....
Old 07-18-2010, 02:08 PM   #82
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Shields View Post
Well see... if he was driving a Camaro the car would have overcorrected his silly maneuver and let up on the throttle for him. Once again why Camaros are more superior... they can stop even the dumb drivers.
not if someone showed them how to turn off the stability and traction controls... or if they are really dumb, turned it off for them
Old 07-18-2010, 03:02 PM   #83
Icntdrv55
CCOTR Member

Drives: Victory Red 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Did the Mustang have WY or CO plates? I'm guessing WY as you stated the WY folks have seen him around a lot. The snake I saw had CO plates.
WY
And the funny part is, I was talking to someone about the Super Snake and saying I thought they were around 650 HP and 80K or so and the owner, the idiot that crashed the car comes up to me and says "its got 750 HP". So of course I had to say, "doesnt do you much good if you cant control it now does it" !
2010 Camaro SS/RS Victory Red A6- Vararam Intake, Doug Thorley Tri Y LTs, Magnaflow X-pipe, Flowmaster Super 40's, VMS Tune, Razzi Ground Effects, Herritage Grill, RED headlight and fog light Halos, LED DRLs, Dash and extended Door ABL, engine, grill and rear defusser LED lighting ........ 12.59@112.21 (DA Corrected)
Icntdrv55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 03:41 PM   #84
Jefe's SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icntdrv55 View Post
WY
And the funny part is, I was talking to someone about the Super Snake and saying I thought they were around 650 HP and 80K or so and the owner, the idiot that crashed the car comes up to me and says "its got 750 HP". So of course I had to say, "doesnt do you much good if you cant control it now does it" !

Can't speak for his mods but straight from the Ford.com site.

Quote:
<H4 class=part-detail-header>5.4L supercharged 4-V V8 engine
Quote:

The muscle behind the New 2011 Shelby GT500 is a supercharged and intercooled 5.4-liter 32-valve V8 engine that’s capable of delivering 540 horsepower and 510 lb.-ft. of torque.

</H4>http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/mus...im=shelbygt500

They start at $48,645.00