Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-01-2010, 01:50 PM   #1
armysig
Catch me if you can

Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
Droid Phone and the Auxiliary input connection question

So today I was in my 1SS jamming some AC/DC from my Droid to my Auxiliary input connection and I get a call, normally I would disconnect the cable, pick up the phone and start talking. Well, just as I answered the phone and was getting ready to pull the cable, I hear the caller coming through my speakers. This took me by suprise because I had tried this about 2 months ago and it did not work.

So I set my phone down in the cup holder, making sure the caller could still hear me and I talked with them for about 10 minutes with no signal interuption at all. When we finished talking my song started up again right where it left off.

So my question is, was this a feature of the car I didn't know about or did the Droid get an update that I forgot to read about?

Or am I nuts and didn't type in the correct wording on my search. And yes I try to always search before I post a question like this.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:01 PM   #2
SuperFly03

Drives: 2010 Kona Blue GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by armysig View Post
So today I was in my 1SS jamming some AC/DC from my Droid to my Auxiliary input connection and I get a call, normally I would disconnect the cable, pick up the phone and start talking. Well, just as I answered the phone and was getting ready to pull the cable, I hear the caller coming through my speakers. This took me by suprise because I had tried this about 2 months ago and it did not work.

So I set my phone down in the cup holder, making sure the caller could still hear me and I talked with them for about 10 minutes with no signal interuption at all. When we finished talking my song started up again right where it left off.

So my question is, was this a feature of the car I didn't know about or did the Droid get an update that I forgot to read about?

Or am I nuts and didn't type in the correct wording on my search. And yes I try to always search before I post a question like this.
A feature you didn't know about. I always have my Droid phone routed through the stereo. You can also stream Pandora through BT to your stereo.

You can connect via bluetooth to the Camaro's stereo and it will route your calls through the speakers and use the mic from Onstar for it.

It really comes in handy when you have an M6.
SuperFly03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:26 PM   #3
Eleven Charley

Drives: White 2010 Camaro 2ss
I didn't think the 1ss had that option.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:19 PM   #4
armysig
Catch me if you can

Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven Charley View Post

Correct, I don't have Bluetooth, that's why I was using the Auxiliary input. I just didn't think the phone would route the audio for a phone conversation via that port.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:52 PM   #5
SuperFly03

Drives: 2010 Kona Blue GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven Charley View Post
I thought the 1ss had one of the BT stacks but not the other. For the 1ss you could route calls through it but to route audio you needed the 2ss.

My brain is foggy so correct me if im wrong.
SuperFly03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:09 PM   #6
kevin1

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
I just put the PDIM kit in my LS it has a BT box that comes with it to receive streaming audio and works great with my HTC EVO. Now I didn't get any call yet so don't know how it will go when I'm rock'n out. Now the ONSTAR box has BT in it as well and that is how all calls are routed to the stereo.
kevin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 06:24 PM   #7
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFly03 View Post
I thought the 1ss had one of the BT stacks but not the other. For the 1ss you could route calls through it but to route audio you needed the 2ss.

My brain is foggy so correct me if im wrong.
1SS has no Bluetooth at all.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:32 PM   #8
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
I have the LS and the droid incredible and it does work. You don't need bluethoot if you have it connected to the speakers.

However for some reason when i was playing pandora the phone would want to dial a phone number, it would be very annoying.

Yes, Droid is a beautiful thing.
christianmotox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:27 PM   #9
OrangeFury
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio

Drives: 2010 IOM 1LT, 1974 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by armysig View Post
Correct, I don't have Bluetooth, that's why I was using the Auxiliary input. I just didn't think the phone would route the audio for a phone conversation via that port.

What are you using to connect your Droid to the aux input? I have a Droid and a 1LT (no BT, no USB) so I am very interested. thx
OrangeFury is offline   Reply With Quote