Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England

Old 10-08-2010, 03:23 PM   #29
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
Quote:
Originally Posted by HINEY1 View Post

Hey sterlingnotes/tessa
What about meeting up with the EastCanada convoy in Dayton Ohio?
Monday night April 11th

http://www.mapquest.com/mq/8-L_cQr5xXhdr3RFoE

OR
Hookup in Nashville with Blackhawk6
I'll keep an eye on those -- thanks for posting the link! Not sure when I/we are leaving or what's up at the moment....
Old 10-10-2010, 01:22 AM   #30
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HINEY1 View Post

Hey sterlingnotes/tessa
What about meeting up with the EastCanada convoy in Dayton Ohio?
Monday night April 11th

http://www.mapquest.com/mq/8-L_cQr5xXhdr3RFoE

OR
Hookup in Nashville with Blackhawk6
Hooking up with the East Canada convoy sounds good! The route through Ohio looks like the shortest route for us and it's about a 13 hour drive for us to meet you in Dayton the night of the 11th that's pretty close to our estimated Columbus stop I worked up earlier. If we tried to hook up with Blackhawk6 in Nashville, it would be a 17 hour drive for us... that's just too long for the first of several days driving, and I really dont want to tack on an extra day just to meet up with them... although I had a great time in their convoy last year.
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:45 AM   #31
mrbrans5

Drives: IOM Bahia Int. 2LT RS M6 SR BH
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingnotes View Post
Hooking up with the East Canada convoy sounds good! The route through Ohio looks like the shortest route for us and it's about a 13 hour drive for us to meet you in Dayton the night of the 11th that's pretty close to our estimated Columbus stop I worked up earlier. If we tried to hook up with Blackhawk6 in Nashville, it would be a 17 hour drive for us... that's just too long for the first of several days driving, and I really dont want to tack on an extra day just to meet up with them... although I had a great time in their convoy last year.

I agree... Dayton is very close to your Columbus stop. You can even leave an hour earlier the next morning from Columbus to catch up to us if we make our first night in Dayton... or we could just sleep in an extra hour.

Any chance of leaving Sunday, or even Saturday to give us more time to enjoy the trip down. I'd like to hook up with the Western Canada boys in Flagstaff on Wednesday night or Thursday morning somehow. It's supose to be a spactacular drive down through Sedona, Jerome and Prescott, and only about 4.5 hrs. from Flagstaff to the host hotel.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109518

Old 10-10-2010, 07:03 PM   #32
Sterling

I really don't want to add another day to the drive. That adds at least another $100 to the trip and a 4 day drive is pretty brutal as it is. I have nothing set in stone yet and don't want to make all the decisions for the New England crew. I did already request vacation from the 10th to the 24th though. Is anyone else in New england thinking about making the trip other than Me and Tessa?
Old 10-10-2010, 10:17 PM   #33
ctSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
I really don't want to add another day to the drive. That adds at least another $100 to the trip and a 4 day drive is pretty brutal as it is. I have nothing set in stone yet and don't want to make all the decisions for the New England crew. I did already request vacation from the 10th to the 24th though. Is anyone else in New england thinking about making the trip other than Me and Tessa?

I was born & raised in the Dayton Ohio area. I make that drive 2 or 3 times a year to see my family there. From me here in Manchester, CT to Dayton is a 12 hour ride. That's just stopping long enough to gas up, go to the bathroom, grab a bite to eat, & eat while driving twice during the trip.

As for me going, obviously I will have to make my camaro purchase first.(I am very close) As long as I do, I am "considering" the trek. I have vacation time at work. It will mostly be dependent on the almighty $ though. I should have a better idea within the next couple months.
ctSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:55 AM   #34
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Quote:
I requested the 11-21 off (22nd is Good Friday so the markets close and is a holiday for me so one less day to have to take off)
So in essence I have the 9-24th...

I would also like to make it a 4 day trip only. I have no issues meeting up with the Canada crew on Monday - if we set out early enough to meet up a 12-13 hour day is not too bad IMO. Long but that's what cruise control is for....
Old 10-18-2010, 02:35 PM   #35
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Anyone going done directions yet?
This is what I get (rough)....

just to see if we have similar directions so we can get an idea if we cna meet up with any other convy's....

Name:  C5F map.bmp
Views: 166
Size:  577.7 KB

Basically --

91S (to CT)
84W (NY & PA)
81S
80W (OH)
76W (76W/224W)
71S
670W
70W (IL & MO)
44W/55S (OK)
44W/412W
40W (TX, NM, AZ)

(then Misc -- I didn't have the address for Firebird this the time so...there would be additional routes after....)
Old 10-24-2010, 01:06 AM   #36
Sterling

I'm still up for meeting the Eastern Canada convoy in Dayton, OH and taking it from there, as long as they don't decide to leave a day earlier.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:42 AM   #37
FiLTHy PHiL SS/RS
Me likes Blue

Drives: 1968 Camaro RS, 2010 SS/RS IBM
dont forget money for car washes along the way.....
Own 68 Camaro RS 327 LeMans Blue, 2002 Vet Electron Blue
FiLTHy PHiL SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:40 AM   #38
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
Sterling do you have an average $ amount for the trip. Was thinking if I hold off on my painted stripes and flames that might be my way in. Any average would be cool.
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:18 PM   #39
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I just found this thread. I live just outside Columbus, OH. This might be possible. What date do you figure you'll come through Columbus?

May I ask about how you deal with hotels on the way? I mean, do we need to make reservations? Do you stop to sleep?
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:33 PM   #40
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Quote:
I'm still up for meeting the Eastern Canada convoy in Dayton, OH and taking it from there, as long as they don't decide to leave a day earlier.
that's fine with me -- just posting up the route I got -- for starters...
I'm cool with however as long as it's not 700 miles out of the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I just found this thread. I live just outside Columbus, OH. This might be possible. What date do you figure you'll come through Columbus?

May I ask about how you deal with hotels on the way? I mean, do we need to make reservations? Do you stop to sleep?
I think that's the 12-13 hour drive we were talking about before -- so that'd be the first day I'd say....I'd think we'd leave Monday so....

No clue on hotels -- if there's a lot of us it might get hard but I would ahve said just stop and get a place on the way -- you might drive shorter or longer depending and wouldn't want a reservation if you were too early or behind...
But that's just me from other trips when I wasn't in a huge caravan so....
Old 11-01-2010, 01:13 AM   #41
Sterling

We made reservations for a stop on the way to the fest last year. I'd like to make planned overnight reservations... I just want to see more from the other convoys that we join up with before I make any reservations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy 3 View Post
Sterling do you have an average $ amount for the trip. Was thinking if I hold off on my painted stripes and flames that might be my way in. Any average would be cool.
I'm estimating about $2000 for the trip. There will be a ton of vendors there too, if you plan on buying anything while you're there, you have to add that in. Of course you're already getting a free t-shirt froim me!
Old 11-01-2010, 03:49 PM   #42
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
now if i can get the wife on bored with this evry thing will just fall together.id like to be at the fest for you to hand it to me.
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote