Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-23-2011, 01:24 PM   #1
scrubby43

Drives: 2010 camaro 2lt RS
ported intake, heads and headers

Ok , i wanted to let everyone know about a project I started with my friends at RDZmotorsports. I've been thinking about how to get more power out of our engine without going FI route. I recalled reading about another member who worked on porting and polishing a set of heads and intake, but never finished by putting the heads and intake on the car. I decided this was the next best thing to FI. So attached are pics of the project. The car was put back together yesterday a trial run was made and datalogged. The log was sent to trifecta for analysis. Here is vince's reply.

"The log you sent was very interesting.

Under full throttle, normally these things show a bunch of knock retard, always. This one showed very little – it was able to run an amazing amount of timing. This should translate into some decent power gains. Fuel looked a little lean, and the trims were off slightly but it looked pretty good."

Tuesday the car will be put on a dyno and some fine tuning will be done with Vince at Trifecta. Ill let you know the results then.
Attached Images

2010 2LT RS Cyber Gray Metallic, White ralley stripes, JBA Shortie headers, SOLO perf HFC & Res. Magnaflow cat back, SS Brakes, Eibach Sways & Springs, Trifecta tune, VMAX throttle body & Catch Can, Custom ported intake, heads, Black ICE-olator, VARARAM.
scrubby43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:31 PM   #2
bcperry
Engineer in Training

Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro LS
looks VERY promising! Also looks like it'll cost a fortune for the rest of us. LOL Keep us posted with the numbers!
Old 11-23-2011, 01:34 PM   #3
mhog

Drives: 2010 V6 Camaro 2LT/RS
All right!! That's what I want to see!!
mhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:38 PM   #4
mhog

What does the butt dyno tell you?
Old 11-23-2011, 01:40 PM   #5
Willt1984
Bowtie 'til I Die!

Drives: 2011 Camaro CGM LS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Willt1984
Subscribed!
Willt1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:43 PM   #6
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
What was done exactly and how was it ported? I only see the gasket matched head inlet and outlet of intake manifold.

and same here with KR. I am only seeing around 5 max pass 4k rpm to redline on wot and this is only with the insulator and ported intake manifold. The AFR also went rich after the stg3 porting to 11's.

I would love to see the result
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:51 PM   #7
scrubby43

What does the butt dyno tell you?

Have not driven the car yet. I'll let you know once I get the car back.

What was done exactly and how was it ported? I only see the gasket matched head inlet and outlet of intake manifold.

The intake was ported to match the gasket as was the head intake ports, the inlets were also machined to clean up flash and rough casting from the manufacturing of the heads and intake. The same applies to the exhaust ports, they were opened to match the headers ports.
2010 2LT RS Cyber Gray Metallic, White ralley stripes, JBA Shortie headers, SOLO perf HFC & Res. Magnaflow cat back, SS Brakes, Eibach Sways & Springs, Trifecta tune, VMAX throttle body & Catch Can, Custom ported intake, heads, Black ICE-olator, VARARAM.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:54 PM   #8
mhog

Any valve work?
Old 11-23-2011, 02:02 PM   #9
scrubby43

Any valve work?

No valve work just opening up the air inlets and exhausts to allow for increase in airflow. we are hoping by opening all systems up there will be a much more significant horsepower increase. The signs are there that something positive is going on, we need to work on the air/fuel and then we will see on the dyno.

Old 11-23-2011, 02:03 PM   #10
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
looks good...
Old 11-23-2011, 02:04 PM   #11
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhog View Post
Any valve work?
That was my next question. Valve seats, bowls? any of those has been reworked? I think either way you should see a healthy gain
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 02:05 PM   #12
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
did you have it flow tested, before/after?
Old 11-23-2011, 02:11 PM   #13
scrubby43

did you have it flow tested, before/after?

No flow testing. I followed what one of the other members did but never finished. I recall him doing some flow testing but do not recall the numbers.

Old 11-23-2011, 02:20 PM   #14
scrubby43

If anyone wants to see more pics there are a lot more on RDZmotorsports facebook page.