Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-08-2008, 08:56 AM   #29
Beau

Drives: Fast
My 6MT in my Passat took a dump at 2700 miles as it kept throwing itself out of gear WHILE I was driving.

My buttons on my radio and my black out stripes on my A&B pillar are bubbling.
Beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:04 AM   #30
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Disconnecting your battery for storage is recommended for any car...As for onstar, i don't care about them watching me,i try my best not to break the law. Plus i am not sure about this but i have heard of this, if somebody knows for sure i would like to know if this is true.

If you go to the dragstrip or racetrack and call onstar, onstar can turn off your speed limiter right...
Old 12-10-2008, 10:34 AM   #31
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
Onstar could disable a car without DBW anyway...there's loads of ways to slow or stop the car. It should be easy enough to defeat; even if you can't rip out integrated Onstar circuits, you can probably disable or remove the antenna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
i don't care about them watching me,i try my best not to break the law.
Not a good policy for the long term preservation of freedom. Big Brother is watching you.
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:00 AM   #32
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
20 years from now your gonna want to live on a different planet, cause this is the future, cars are gonna get more technological, they are going to have internet, tracking, GPS, Speed control, probably not even have to physically drive your car it will drive for you(GM has already made something like this), electic cars, not to even mention the moller skycar. There is no reason my cell phone should have more technology in it than my 30,000$ car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by interrex View Post
The future is here for this new system to be shut down by onstar. The cops are chasing you , they call it in you car goes dead. No more out running the cops. This is one reason I do not like onstar. They can track you anywhere. Shut you car off, lock or unlock you doors. Regulate your gas peddle. They will know how fast you drive your car at all times. So if you blow it up it will be hard to fight the warranty issue. It is standard in all Camaros, And if you think your onstar has run out in a year, think again. They still track and harass you. If you store your car like I do in the winter, you have to unhook the battery because of the drain onstar does to the system.
WTF, if the cops are chasing you then your supposed to stop, NOT ****ING RUN FROM THE COPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your putting other people's lives (who havn't done anything wrong in the first place) in danger.

Once again, doesn't matter unless you have done something wrong!

With said technology, you are gonna have your drawbacks. Yes if your are breaking the law they will know. So don't break the law. thats half of your problems solved right there. You never had the freedom to drive as fast as you want, so don't bitch about losing something you didn't have in the first place.

The warranty issue is a different story, if the car wasn't built to handle whatever abuse you throw at it then that should be covered under the warranty. This is the only drawback that i see that has any legal purpose as to why you should hate onstar.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:50 AM   #33
theholycow

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
The warranty issue is a different story, if the car wasn't built to handle whatever abuse you throw at it then that should be covered under the warranty. This is the only drawback that i see that has any legal purpose as to why you should hate onstar.
I beg to differ. If you're abnormally abusing the car, that's not really what they're selling it for. Why should I have to pay more for mine to include expected warranty costs for people who are racing their car, modifying the engine, or abusing it in some other way? I don't think it's wrong for those people to do those things, but part of the cost that one must pay for them is the risk of a denied warranty claim (and no, they can't void your warranty, see the Manuson-Moss Warranty Act).
Quote:
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
Old 12-10-2008, 01:58 PM   #34
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Dude. I'm not reading the above post, is it pertinent?

As for the whining about Big Brother watching, take off your aluminum foil hats and chill. If you're not doing something wrong you have nothing to worry about. Not that I'm saying always be perfect because I'm not. But if I get caught doing something I'm not supposed to, I don't act surprised when I get in trouble for it!
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 05:13 PM   #35
theholycow

Bump

Ignore the crap this thread turned into, and let's talk DBW again...

Now that people actually have manual transmission Camaros, maybe some owners can talk about the throttle.
  • Is it obedient?
  • Does it lag when you step on it?
  • Does it lag/rev hang when you take your foot off it, or does the RPM begin to drop immediately (whether it drops slow or fast, I don't care, just if it starts right away.)?
  • Is it consistent? If you goose it the same for a rev match, does it always jump to the same RPM as every other time you step on it the same?
Quote:
Old 07-29-2009, 07:02 PM   #36
francone13

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Since i got my V6M6 i have had no problems with the DBW...if i didn't know it was DBW i would of never guess the throttle always does what i want it to do... never had any lag or rev hang i don't think this is something to worry about
francone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 07:18 PM   #37
rays
V6 - It just isn't normal

Drives: 2010 2LT M6, F250 7.3L Diesel
The Throttle response is immediate. I think mostly due to the direct injection. DBW is no issue. If you didn't know it was you wouldn't guess. I also have a Diesel truck thats DBW. That one does not have as much of a resolution (if you will) from idle to the lowest on setting. Remember, its essentially just a rheostat like a dimmer switch. The one in the Camaro is excellent!

2LT RS M6 RJT Black leather
4/29/2009 Ordered
6/24 6000 Delivered
rays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:54 PM   #38
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
Bump

Ignore the crap this thread turned into, and let's talk DBW again...

Now that people actually have manual transmission Camaros, maybe some owners can talk about the throttle.
  • Is it obedient?
  • Does it lag when you step on it?
  • Does it lag/rev hang when you take your foot off it, or does the RPM begin to drop immediately (whether it drops slow or fast, I don't care, just if it starts right away.)?
  • Is it consistent? If you goose it the same for a rev match, does it always jump to the same RPM as every other time you step on it the same?
Although I don't have my Camaro yet, I DO have a caddy STS in the garage with the same engine in it and the responce is immediate. To the point I personally can't tell that its actually DBW. AND THAT CADDY FLYS!! even if it is 300 pounds heavier than my camaro.

the answers to the questions are YES, NO, NO, YES
Old 08-01-2009, 11:39 PM   #39
Teddydog

Drives: 21 LT1 RS M6 in SSM
The DBW throttle in my Mazda3 is one of the few things I don't like about the car. It is hard to get consistent low-throttle inputs, making it hard to get consistent smooth starts from a stop. One time a particular amount of input gives you a nice start, the next time the same input stalls you out. Hope my 2LT 6M is better when it gets here!

Rob
Teddydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 12:06 PM   #40
efpardo
Deep6

Drives: 2016 Camaro #182300 | 2SS | HBM
Send a message via Skype™ to efpardo
uhm what's dbw?

My Journals:
Erick's Mistress - Violet 2016 2SS
#182300 | 2SS | HBM |
Erick’s Mistress - 2010 2LT
#8212 | 2LT | RS | CGM | Litho #165 |
efpardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 04:40 PM   #41
theholycow

Quote:
Originally Posted by efpardo View Post
uhm what's dbw?
Drive By Wire. Instead of having a mechanical cable that physically attaches the gas pedal to the throttle plate on the engine, the gas pedal is merely an electronic switch (quite like a dimmer for lights in your house or a variable speed trigger on an electric drill) that is connected to the computer; and the computer runs an electric actuator that operates the throttle plate.
Quote:
Old 08-02-2009, 08:25 PM   #42
efpardo
Deep6

Drives: 2016 Camaro #182300 | 2SS | HBM
Send a message via Skype™ to efpardo
Thank's - Some Times...

My Journals:
Erick's Mistress - Violet 2016 2SS
#182300 | 2SS | HBM |
Erick’s Mistress - 2010 2LT
#8212 | 2LT | RS | CGM | Litho #165 |