Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-11-2010, 10:14 PM   #1
6speed

Drives: awesome
SS vs LT/LS

I'm sure there are many threads on this already, but being a high school boy i have certain things that need to be addressed. First off, mpgs don't matter as I have a decent job and my parents are paying for the car. Secondly, is the RS package worth the extra cash? Will I be able to feel a difference between 304 hp vs 426 hp, I want manual obviously. Cloth vs leather? Finally and most importantly... If I'm driving with my buddies or some girl. Will the SS impress them that much more. BTW I'm 14
6speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:17 PM   #2
jeepguy_1980

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Is this a joke?
jeepguy_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:20 PM   #3
rhd
dirtbag

Drives: 2010 camaro LS
you shouldnt get eather go buy a mustang, that will get you WWAAAYYYYY more girls.......lol
rhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:30 PM   #4
Huck1974
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS
You don't need a car to make girls like you and all of the versions of Camaros are fine cars. When your young, just pay no attention to them. That will work for a while, then things change.
Huck1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:33 PM   #5
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
wtf
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:37 PM   #6
Huck1974
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
wtf
may as well have some fun with it.
Huck1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:40 PM   #7
IROCTPI

Drives: 1987 IROC-Z 305 TPI 700R4
since were the same age and I started out an year ago just like you, clueless, I clear some things up.

First off the ls/lt models are purely only have the 312hp v6, the SS model only is available with an v8 of two kinds, If you want the manual tranny then you get the 426hp ls3, if you want the auto your stuck with the low 400hp L99.

So the RS package DOES NOT affect peformance, its just the hids, wheels on some models, spoiler?, and other small things.

Second your saying gas mileage doesnt matter, trust me unless your rich your going kick yourself in the ass if you were driving something getting 10mpg, while both the v6 and v8 models get pretty dang good gas mileage there is an diffrence, and then you also got to consider insurance cost, the cost to replace parts down the road, etc. And do you REALLY need the v8 and most importanly will you be able to handle the power, as frankly most teens cant, (wow thats the first time iv said that)

Can you safely drive an manual without grinding gears, how do you know?

The leather vs cloth qustion is up to you, personally if your going for an stripper model (low optioned) then its really up to you but if your getting like the RS package, and what not, probaly throw the leather in there.

Well just having an camaro that looks good is going attract the girls, but thats not always going be an good thing. And most likely girls wont even ask if its an v8 tell there already going out with you and then at that point who cares?

Lastley, where and how are you getting 20+ grand to buy an new camaro? And have you even considered any other vehicles or do you just want the new hot thing, remember though that you still have an good 2yrs tell you can start driving (alone), atleast as far as i know. Also even if you were to have an v8, there will be people that arent happy with anothers car tell its running an twin turboed v12.

To anyone that feels the need to reply to me and ask why I even bother with my reply, well as mentioned at the beging I was to very clueless, didnt know the diffrence between an spoiler and an wheel, I still am clueless with alot of stuff but wow have I gained so much knowledge over the last year and an month, most was on TGO but evermind its simlar as here.

So please, if this kid decides to stick around and learn more about his possibly future car dont just answer with WTF, I know when I started out I got ALOT of people sh*t talking about me, so please, just be kind.

Me -14! year old guy -- My Girl -1987 IROC-Z 305TPI 700R4 modded
IROCTPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 11:32 PM   #8
6speed

Drives: awesome
My fathers car is a manual and he is currently showing me how to drive a stick. I'm just wondering if when I'm cruising I will be able to feel the difference. I've considered other cars, this ones, I just really like the styling of it. Again as I stated my parents are getting me the car. So all I need to pay for is gas and insurance.
6speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 11:37 PM   #9
xBlackout_Camaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Cyber Grey
honestly i hope this is a joke
xBlackout_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 11:39 PM   #10
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6speed View Post
My fathers car is a manual and he is currently showing me how to drive a stick. I'm just wondering if when I'm cruising I will be able to feel the difference. I've considered other cars, this ones, I just really like the styling of it. Again as I stated my parents are getting me the car. So all I need to pay for is gas and insurance.
Oh damn, if you are footing the bill for insurance you better get the V6. INS will be still high, but the V8 is gonna be off the charts with you being so young.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 11:39 PM   #11
WTFCamaro1979

Drives: CG M6 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBlackout_Camaro View Post
honestly i hope this is a joke
+1.
WTFCamaro1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 11:39 PM   #12
IROCTPI

Drives: 1987 IROC-Z 305 TPI 700R4
well peformance wise the stick will be an tad quicker/faster and you would get the tinest bit better gas mileage if you compared an stick v6 to an auto v6 but the L99 has an ADM mode that it goes to 4 cylinder mode when crusing, But supposely alot of people dont like the feature.

So your parents have actually said they would buy you an 20 grand+ car, or are you just assuming this?

Also isurance like said before will be REALLY high for the v8, so unless you have/will have soon an steady job that pays good
your best bet is the v6.

I cant wait to see how much insurance in two years will be for an 16yr old driving an classic, with no air bags, seat belt recall, and its self being an sports car.

Me -14! year old guy -- My Girl -1987 IROC-Z 305TPI 700R4 modded
IROCTPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 11:44 PM   #13
ss=scuba steve

Drives: 2011 1SS Cyber Gray Metallic
Must be nice, my first car was a POS 1985 Ford Tempo. And guess what? Mommy and Daddy didn't buy it for me they made me buy it from THEM ! $500 and that was back in 1991 .... lol
Old 10-11-2010, 11:45 PM   #14
DIGthat2SS
I can dig that..

Drives: 2010 Red 2SS/RS M6
i am actually quite suprised hes 14.he could easily pull of saying hes 18.But high five to the guy who gave such an excellent response even when some considered it a waste of time but he still put in the effort.
and to 6speed.take whatever you can get.All in all you'll love it.I got the V8.No i absolutley dont NEED the V8 but the extra power is nice for when you want to get to the speed limit,rrreeeaally fast.But i could do that in a V6 just as well and you'll mainly only notice the difference between a V6 and V8 at higher speed most likely.Since the highest speed limit is only 70 right now,so you most likely wont be needing all that power all that time to go flying around on the roads since its illegal.
and you'll want the RS package.dont ask why.just get it.
DIGthat2SS is offline   Reply With Quote