Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-19-2011, 06:18 AM   #1
talwell

Drives: 1969 LS1 Camaro
WTF Is Wrong With People

I had to rush to the airport and get on a plane to be by my mothers side as she lost her battle to cancer. It was a very last minute thing and therefore when I had to park at the airport I could not be selective about where I parked.

As if the loss of my mother was not enough, I get off the plane back home and walk to my truck to find 5-6 deep gouges and scratches from people slamming doors in the side of my truck and a huge dent in the cab corner from god only knows what.

I mean - wtf is wrong with people? Just because someone is not there to see you destroy thier car does this make it ok to do it? Doesn't anyone have any respect for others people's property?

Obviously I will have to get it fixed - but I was so tempted to just go ape sh*t on the car parked next to mine regardless of whether they did any of the damage or not.

Any of you ever just had enough and just want to take your door and slam it into the car next to yours to return the gracious favor done to yours?
talwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:32 AM   #2
mrchen

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS V6, 2013 Camaro 2LS
sorry for your loss but I am glad you got to be with her,

I would have to agree WTF is wrong with people, I live below and must travel thru Atlantas Hartsfield International the countries busiest airport.
You really need to have a clunker to leave parked there for your return because people just dont respect your wheels. They are in a huge hurry, the spaces are small and really.......they just dont care
Old 07-19-2011, 06:32 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
YES. I'm with you......I am so tempted to buy a MECHANICALLY sound daily driver.....and put a EXTERNAL roll cage on it...and then just have at it with the rest of the a$$hats...and keep the GOOD car for enoyment.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:33 AM   #4
Augie1978

Drives: 2011 2SS RS Vert
Very sorry to hear about your mother. Regarding people's disrespect for other people's property, I agree, people just dont give a damn these days for whatever reasons. I wouldnt cause damage to someone else's vehicle but if I could verify that the vehicle next to me was in fact the one that caused damage to my car you bet I would return the favour.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:13 AM   #5
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Sorry for your loss. I'm now an orphan myself. Years ago I had a half way decent beater and someone parked so close to my driver side door I had to get in on the passenger side and climb over the console. I then opened my driver door and slammed it as hard as I could into the side of their door about 5 times. Left a huge melon sized dent and it felt really good. Now I just leave one of these.
Attached Images

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:22 AM   #6
2011RSShizz
Bitchin Camaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT RS
Send a message via AIM to 2011RSShizz
Sorry about your Mom. Most ppl suck and only give a crap about themselves and it's sad. Every now and then you come across some decent ones but it seems they're a dying breed.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:24 AM   #7
2011RSShizz
Bitchin Camaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT RS
Send a message via AIM to 2011RSShizz
Those parking tickets are AMAZING. I'm gonna have to print them out...lol
Old 07-19-2011, 07:37 AM   #8
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
I am sorry about your mom...and being a sane and rational person...yes...yes I have gone apeshit on a person for hitting my car without care and walking away. A guy/girl parked THROUGH the nose of my '85 Camaro once...pushed it almost flat...and LEFT THEIR CAR AGAINST MY CAR AND WALKED AWAY. When I came back and found it, I waited...and waited...and waited. I had my gf and another couple with me and it was close to an hour when I asked them to wait by the car, be right back. I came back with a huge rock and heaved it through the back window of this older LTD - then left. I felt better.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:38 AM   #9
BilJ

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclark10 View Post
Sorry for your loss. I'm now an orphan myself. Years ago I had a half way decent beater and someone parked so close to my driver side door I had to get in on the passenger side and climb over the console. I then opened my driver door and slammed it as hard as I could into the side of their door about 5 times. Left a huge melon sized dent and it felt really good. Now I just leave one of these.

BilJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:46 AM   #10
HookemHorns

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 Red Hot Convertible
I'm sorry for your loss
HookemHorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:50 AM   #11
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
So sorry for your loss....

I have to leave my Camaro at Laguardia for an overnight trip... I'm terrified after reading this.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:52 AM   #12
talwell

Drives: 1969 LS1 Camaro
Thank you to everyone for the regards on my loss - coming home to find my truck the way I did was the last thing I wanted to deal with. It is not like my truck is a POS - it is a brand new Tundra that is lifted with very nice wheels and always kept spotless so the people can see I care about it.

In the past I may have bumped my door against someones car - if it were an older car showing alot of wear and I just gently pressed it against thiers without leaving a mark. I have no idea what they hell they did to my truck but they left no less than 5 very deep gouges and a large dent in the cab corner. That was not accidental - someone knew exactly what they were doing.
talwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:01 AM   #13
Hall of Fame

Drives: Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
So sorry for your loss....

I have to leave my Camaro at Laguardia for an overnight trip... I'm terrified after reading this.
Take a pic of it for the last time.
Hall of Fame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:07 AM   #14
MrandMrsNinja

Drives: 11' SGM 2SS/13' GT/08' F-150 4x4
sorry about you're loss!

and yeah, i hate parking around people in either one of my cars. people just have no respect for anything that isn't theirs. can't stand how people are these days!