Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-07-2014, 01:06 PM   #1
SIN R G

Drives: 2008 VW R32, 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
Yesterday Salesman Called, Today Dealers Owner Called

I did not see it right away but Thursday this week we get a post card in the mail from our Dealer advertising their 40th Anniversary Celebration where they are having a small car show. Friday I was at the dealer getting my strut tower brace that I painted installed. I took a few minutes and stuck my nose into my salesman's door to say Hi. He had customers in there so I did not talk to him. My strut tower brace was installed and I was half way home when my phone rang. It was my salesman saying her tried to talk to me before I left. He told me about the Anniversary Celebration and if I was able to they would really like me to bring my Camaro to the car show. I was really flattered and said I would for sure be there. Now, this morning the phone rings and it is my Dealers Owner calling and telling me about the Anniversary Celebration. He said that all of their customers are free to bring their cars to the show, but he was calling a few customers that have especially nice cars and I was one of them and that they would really appreciate it if I could bring my car to the car show. I told him that I was very happy that they want my car in their show and that I would for sure be there. It really makes you feel good when all the time and work you spend on your car is noticed by others.
SIN R G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 02:01 PM   #2
Silverlsinva

Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
That's pretty awesome and I agree it does feel great when people say good things about your car.
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 02:10 PM   #3
Black 1LE

Drives: 2014 Black 2 ss rs 1le
very cool story also thats a nice ride.
Black 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 02:13 PM   #4
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Nice to see there's still a dealership that gives a damn.

If the dealership I bought my car from were to call, I'd hang up. They have damaged my car enough.
Old 06-07-2014, 03:50 PM   #5
satxrider
Bad 45th

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversay Edition SS
Its great to hear a dealership that appreciates customers with nice cars. Some just don't really care.
Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger / Alky Meth Injection / Lingenfelter GT12 Cam / Kooks LT Headers, 3 inch exhaust & QTP electric cut outs / Monster LT1-S Twin Disc Clutch / MGW flat blade short throw shifter / Haltech CAI / VMax Throttle Body / DSS Stage 3 axles/ BMR Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Suspension Bushing and 1" lowering springs / Taylor 8MM Plug Wires / Tuned by Henderson Performance Technologies / EBC dimpled and sloted rotors / G2 Painted Calipers / GM Tower Strut Brace / ZL1 Factory Rep Wheels
satxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 03:52 PM   #6
Silverlsinva

Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
Now that I think of it the only salesman that I have bought a car that still contacts me and keeps me up to date and send me a Bday card and a Christmas card every year was when I bought my 09 cobalt SS and every year since then I have gotten a card and a thank you from him. So when I do decide to buy a Camaro again I might go find him and buy again.
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 03:58 PM   #7
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
When my Summit White SS was delivered to me on 8/21/09 the owner of my dealership
was on vacation. When he returned he called and asked me to bring it back as everyone
there was talking about the newest color. I'm pretty sure I had the first SW Camaro in Ct.
I was glad to do it.
Old 06-07-2014, 05:32 PM   #8
squat

Drives: 2011 Dodge Charger
There are a few good dealers out there, remember this one when you need a new car. This dealer deserves your business.
Old 06-07-2014, 06:34 PM   #9
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverlsinva View Post
Now that I think of it the only salesman that I have bought a car that still contacts me and keeps me up to date and send me a Bday card and a Christmas card every year was when I bought my 09 cobalt SS and every year since then I have gotten a card and a thank you from him. So when I do decide to buy a Camaro again I might go find him and buy again.
I never had that, but when I bought my '07 Pontiac at Ricky Smith Pontiac in Weymouth MA, Don Richmond was my Salesman and he was a pro all the way. I had been going in and looking for a year, and talked to him a few times about the car and what GM was offering for deals and what delivery times were, etc. The day I walked in with a 10K bank check in my pocket, two other Salesmen walked right by me, and I asked one of them to go get Don. "Why?" he asked me. I said "because I'm buying today and I want to make sure Don gets the sale instead of you".

There was no BS, here's what I'm paying, here's why, here's what you get, let's make it work, and he wanted to make a sale and I wanted to buy so he made it work.

Even after I bought the car I'd stop in and talk with him and he was always genuine and we'd talk about what GM was doing next for cars. As far as I'm concerned he was on the level. I'm sorry Ricky Smith lost their dealership when Pontiac closed.

The guy I bought my Camaro from? Couldn't pick him out of a lineup.
Old 06-07-2014, 06:41 PM   #10
scott's45
Scott's45

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th Anniversary
I bought my camaro from Commonwealth Motors in Lawrence, MA. After I bought the car, maybe a week or two later, I got a package with a box of awesome chocolate chip cookies. And every year since then, I get a phone call and email on my birthday, wishing me a happy birthday.
2012 2SS 45th Anniversary, Hurst short throw shifter, Stainless Power LT headers, high flow cats, SW Retro Chambered 3" cat back, CAI, Heritage grill, tinted windows, red/silver hash stripes, AAC LED sidemarkers, blacked out turn signals/tail lights, splash guards. 402RWHP

scott's45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 06:52 PM   #11
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
Cool deal. Rock the show with green SS.
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 07:03 PM   #12
Tate

Drives: 2011 2SS RS
You took your car to the dealer to have a strut tower brace installed?
Old 06-07-2014, 11:18 PM   #13
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
so when you picking up the new 14.
for just a few more dollars a month.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 11:21 PM   #14
FilibustaRhymes

Drives: SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
Nice to see there's still a dealership that gives a damn.

If the dealership I bought my car from were to call, I'd hang up. They have damaged my car enough.

FilibustaRhymes is offline   Reply With Quote