Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 07-08-2016, 09:41 PM   #1
atxcamaross

Drives: '10 Camaro SS CGM
Mirror Image Autoworks 15" kit Ruined My Wheels

I've been arguing with this company for quite some time now over the many screw ups they've had and they have yet to do anything about

Long story short my shop installed the 15" kit and my 15" weld rts and did an alignment

First launch I do my friends notice millings of aluminum all on the ground so I check and sure enough the control arms and trailing arms gouged pretty deep into my brand new welds

Mirror Image Autoworks says it's because I'm lowered and they are not going to do anything.

So if you like your wheels I would stay away from Mirror Image Autoworks 15" kit as it will gouge your wheels.

Here are some pictures

atxcamaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 09:42 PM   #2
atxcamaross

Old 07-08-2016, 09:43 PM   #3
atxcamaross

This company if you can call them that is a joke

First off before I ordered I asked if they had the welds in stock to which they replied yes so I ordered. A week goes by and I asked for an update on the wheels and they said it would 7-8 weeks backorder. They said before they placed their order they were showing to be in stock.
I told them I couldn't wait that long to go ahead and cancel my wheel order to which they agreed to cancel it
A couple hours later they say the wheels and tires are on the way to which I said what do you mean we just cancelled the wheels.
So even tho they agreed to cancel my wheel order because obviously they didn't have them in stock they continued to search, found a set, and actually shipped them to me �� I couldn't believe it. So now I have two sets of wheels on my way and they're saying they can't cancel
Old 07-12-2016, 09:32 AM   #4
TeamSelect22

Drives: G8
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcamaross View Post
This company if you can call them that is a joke

First off before I ordered I asked if they had the welds in stock to which they replied yes so I ordered. A week goes by and I asked for an update on the wheels and they said it would 7-8 weeks backorder. They said before they placed their order they were showing to be in stock.
I told them I couldn't wait that long to go ahead and cancel my wheel order to which they agreed to cancel it
A couple hours later they say the wheels and tires are on the way to which I said what do you mean we just cancelled the wheels.
So even tho they agreed to cancel my wheel order because obviously they didn't have them in stock they continued to search, found a set, and actually shipped them to me �� I couldn't believe it. So now I have two sets of wheels on my way and they're saying they can't cancel
We've been dealing with your problems for a while. Not only our kit but Mark Carlyle kit also got into your wheels. Sounds like something Is way off in your setup.
TeamSelect22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 09:38 AM   #5
TeamSelect22

And wow you are a liar sir. We refunded you for the set of wheels AND tires.. it's a wonder you're the only one to ever come on here and complain when we have 50 plus 15" Conversion Kits out there.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:03 AM   #6
WeflyhereSS

Drives: 2012 Black on Black Camaro 2ss
dam that hurts man...
Old 07-12-2016, 01:10 PM   #7
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSelect22 View Post
And wow you are a liar sir. We refunded you for the set of wheels AND tires.. it's a wonder you're the only one to ever come on here and complain when we have 50 plus 15" Conversion Kits out there.
LOL.....I'm in tech support for a machinery company. I wish I could respond like this to some of my customers.
Old 07-12-2016, 01:31 PM   #8
arkentect

Drives: 2010 Camaro SGM 1LT M6
well good news, the marks are already made and now you have clearance
arkentect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 02:29 PM   #9
TeamSelect22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor142 View Post
LOL.....I'm in tech support for a machinery company. I wish I could respond like this to some of my customers.
We've been dealing with this issue left and right. At some point a company gets sick of it if it makes sense. We don't have time for that and no one else does either. It would be one thing if this was in us but the customer won't back off after there are no avenues to go down anymore. We've done everything for him.. something is off in his setup.. it is what it is
Old 07-13-2016, 12:58 PM   #10
atxcamaross

You refunded me $1876 for the welds and tires we finally got canceled. A set of welds and qtp tires are way more than $1876. I asked you about it and you claimed that the 15" kit went up from the $1169 you quoted me to $1449 and you never thought oh I should probably let him know. And gues what now the kits are magically back down to $1000. So for that brief couple day period when I ordered your kit went up $280 and you never told me
Old 07-13-2016, 01:03 PM   #11
atxcamaross

I paid you a total of $3346 and you refunded me $1876 for wheels and tires. So the only thing I bought from y'all is the 15" kit which cost me $1470 when you quoted me $1169 a couple days before I ordered.
Dude that's not my fault y'all went up on the price and never told me
Why do you think I asked for prices before I paid?
Because maybe if I had known yalls were $1449 I would have take. My business elsewhere
Old 07-13-2016, 01:08 PM   #12
atxcamaross

And nothing is wrong with my setup I have Bmr lowering springs but you never had a disclaimer saying if you're lowered this kit won't work. How was I supposed to know

So all of this is my fault because I'm lowered and I should have known you can't be lowered and run 15s
I research a lot before I buy stuff and nowhere did I find that you can't be lowered and run 15s. I know now obviously
But this isn't my mistake
Shit happens y'all forgot to inform me "oh by the way you can't be lowered"
Y'all pay for my wheels and lesson learned but I don't see how y'all can point this around at me

I have all of our messaging back and forth to back all of this crapstorm up

Just do the right thing and pay for my wheels and I'll forget about the $280 difference you charged me for the kit without telling me
Old 10-31-2019, 09:38 PM   #13
wyo1LE

Drives: 2013 SS RS 1LE
Absolutely do not buy anything from this Company, very shady people, nothing but false promises and they do not keep their word, they will take your money and then just string you a long
wyo1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 11:33 PM   #14
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Just because you’re lowered shouldn’t make a difference the distance inside the wheel doesn’t change. The springs only support the weight of the car.
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote