Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Phastek Performance

Old 04-07-2017, 12:58 AM   #1
cleverCamaroName

Drives: N/A
Time between layers

Good evening peeps, I had a question for those of you following the BF polish -> wet diamond -> crystal seal approach. How long do you usually wait before moving on to the next step, and how do you prep before starting the next step?
cleverCamaroName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 06:46 AM   #2
Slem

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS (Auto) Loaded
Here is what I do, wash car with Dawn soap and then clay using the suds for lubricantion then re soap the panels and rinse - dry car- polish car, I wipe down panels with alcohol/ water spray then apply CS. Also I will say using Glens line don't over think this, keep it simple. It's real easy, light mist on pad to prime and mist on pad and spread it over a section in up and down or circular motion to spread it even and then finish it off by going from side to side. Or better yet just look in Glens links
Slem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 09:29 AM   #3
Jerry's 2LT

Drives: 2LT, Blue Velvet, Kalahari, Convert
I found this on a Corvette forum. It appears to be true based upon my experience using crystal seal.

BLACKFIRE Crystal Seal
Dry Time: 1-15 minutes
Cure Time: 15 minutes-4 hours
Recommendations: Wait 4-5 hours for additional layers, particularly in cool or damp climates.
In Use: Crystal Seal begins cross linking on contact and in most cases is fully cured with in 1 hour unless you live in an extremely cool or wet climate.

By the way, Blackfire Wet Diamond Polymer Spray, when used as a spray detailer over crystal seal, really brings out the depth and shine.
Old 04-07-2017, 11:34 AM   #4
cleverCamaroName

Drives: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry's 2LT View Post
I found this on a Corvette forum. It appears to be true based upon my experience using crystal seal.

BLACKFIRE Crystal Seal
Dry Time: 1-15 minutes
Cure Time: 15 minutes-4 hours
Recommendations: Wait 4-5 hours for additional layers, particularly in cool or damp climates.
In Use: Crystal Seal begins cross linking on contact and in most cases is fully cured with in 1 hour unless you live in an extremely cool or wet climate.

By the way, Blackfire Wet Diamond Polymer Spray, when used as a spray detailer over crystal seal, really brings out the depth and shine.
Ok the 4-5 hours is what I was looking for.
How about the wait between polish and seal? I think I read 8 to overnight somewhere. If you wait that long, I'm guessing just the water and alcohol solution to prep for the seal?
cleverCamaroName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 11:37 AM   #5
Jerry's 2LT

Drives: 2LT, Blue Velvet, Kalahari, Convert
Here is a quote from the same Corvette forum:

BLACKFIRE Total Polish & Seal
Dry Time: N/A, work into the paint until nearly clear and remove immediately.
Cure Time: 15 minutes-2 hours
Recommendations: Wait 2 hours for additional topping, particularly in cool or damp climates.
In Use: If applying Total Polish & Seal by machine, the machine agitation of the product (or vigorous hand application) greatly accelerates the cure time. You can remove Total Polish & Seal with Wet Diamond Polymer Spray to increase protection instantly.
Old 04-09-2017, 09:06 AM   #6
17SSfifty

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th 2012 TFE RS 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slem View Post
Here is what I do, wash car with Dawn soap and then clay using the suds for lubricantion then re soap the panels and rinse - dry car- polish car, I wipe down panels with alcohol/ water spray then apply CS. Also I will say using Glens line don't over think this, keep it simple. It's real easy, light mist on pad to prime and mist on pad and spread it over a section in up and down or circular motion to spread it even and then finish it off by going from side to side. Or better yet just look in Glens links
oh....my....goodness........
17SSfifty is offline   Reply With Quote