Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 09-13-2023, 12:33 PM   #1
willgresham34

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro 1SS
O2 sensor codes after Long tube header

So I installed SP long tube headers with hi-flow cats on my own ( I have 0 mechanical experience) and honestly the installation wasn't terrible the worst part was getting the O2 sensors unplugged and unscrewed. After the install I got a check engine light and all codes were about the O2 sensors. Now I was told this would happen and I planned/plan on getting a tune, but right now I just don't have the money set aside. I was looking at getting O2 spacers or the mini cat adapters to get rid of the permanent codes but when I finally started reading into the codes, I am unsure if the codes are from the headers or if I broke the O2 sensors after install or I plugged them in wrong with the extension cables or something.

The codes I'm getting are as follows: P0030, P0031, P00132, P00135, P069E

P0030 is the heater control circuit in bank 1 sensor 1
P0031 is low voltage in sensor 1
P0132 is high voltage sensor 1
P0135 is heater performance sensor 1

I would appreciate any feedback as I am really at a loss for what to do next to fix this problem. Thank you!
willgresham34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 12:42 PM   #2
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
I could be wrong but I think those codes have to be tuned out, or in some way adjusted at the very minimum.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 12:53 PM   #3
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
I could be wrong but I think those codes have to be tuned out, or in some way adjusted at the very minimum.
I think this is correct.
I would say immediate concern is for OP to make sure wiring harnesses are well away from the headers. Since he claims limited mechanical experience, he should be aware that the biggest problem with headers is melting insulation. That can result in codes and problems that can't be "tuned out."
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 01:02 PM   #4
willgresham34

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post
I think this is correct.
I would say immediate concern is for OP to make sure wiring harnesses are well away from the headers. Since he claims limited mechanical experience, he should be aware that the biggest problem with headers is melting insulation. That can result in codes and problems that can't be "tuned out."

Yes, I was aware that this could happen, so I made sure wiring harnesses were well run along where insulation would not get melted
willgresham34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 01:08 PM   #5
easttxss

Drives: '16 2SS M6
No, you shouldn't have to mess with the front sensors in the tune. I would disconnect the drivers side front sensor and double check that the pins are seated correctly and that a wire hasn't been damaged. If that checks out ok, then you may need to replace that sensor. If they are the original sensors they are probably at the end of their life anyway.
'14 Fusion Titanium 2.0T
'83 Jeep Wagoneer
easttxss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 03:33 PM   #6
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by willgresham34 View Post
worst part was getting the O2 sensors unplugged and unscrewed.
Did you use the special socket with the slit? I have not removed the sensor on this car, but others I have always used the special socket to avoid damaging the wires.
This set even comes with a thread chaser. I did not know it was common for these threads to get damaged. But I guess if they are rusted in it's the same as spark plugs. Maybe use anti-seize when reinstalling.

https://www.amazon.com/Oxygen-Sensor...zcF9hdGY&psc=1
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cel, long tube headers, o2 sensors