Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-07-2010, 11:12 AM   #1
firengnred

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 2006 2500 Silverado
Dual straight thru VS. perforated X-pipe

Back in December I ordered a Magnaflow resonated X-Pipe and Axle Back Comp. series exhaust from JDP motor sports (Magnaflow Plus) over the phone from one of their reps. After the install I posted several comments about the sound and listed the part numbers for anyone who was interested. Then about a week ago a post from Jordan Priestley pointed out that the part number I listed was for the dual STRAIGHT THRU muffler and not the resonated X-pipe. WELL!!......... of course I fired off to him the obligatory WTF!!!! PM explaining that his rep sold me the parts. Jordan immediately responded owing up to the mistake on there part and promised to get the correct part out to me AND pay for the muffler work to swap out the wrong part and shipping the old one back. New muffler arrived two days later and was installed next day. THAT"S CUSTOMER SERVICE AND CARE. Thank you Jordan!

Now, as for the difference in sound and performance..........

The straight thru had a way better sound. Deeper with some nice pulse...BAD A$$. Total muscle car sound. This was a torque monster. Didn't get a chance to dyno it but you could definitely feel the difference BIG TIME.

The perforated X-pipe is more mild sounding. Almost sounds stock, just a little louder. Very disappointing after hearing the other. Feels like big drop in torque also. Really wish I had dyno'd the other set-up.

I know that with the eventual LTH and S/C torque will come back and believe that the X-pipe is the way to go for this BUT, if you're not going with LTH and/or S/C, the dual straight thru IS the way to go for awesome sound and torque gains.

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, for they will become your character. Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny."
firengnred is offline   Reply With Quote