Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-07-2010, 08:01 PM   #1
thebighar

Drives: 2018 1LT RS V6 Nightfall Grey
First scratch.....Damn

Down the jersey shore over the weekend, i was parking and was so concerned with the car next to me i scratched the front bottom of my bumper on a damn parking block, should i let it go and live with it or fix it. I dont have pics sorry. Its four scratches an inch long near the plastic valance underneath. I have been very careful with that while parking all the time, i guess s**t happens.
thebighar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:10 PM   #2
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
I scratched mine. Let it go.

then dented it, ^&^$%

Fixed it.

I dont think anyone will notcie the scratches but the dents was an eye sore!
Old 03-07-2010, 08:18 PM   #3
bpoirier

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM CGM Stripes
I got a door ding the second day I had my car. It was a bummer for sure. Got it fixed and it's good as new.
bpoirier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:31 PM   #4
thebighar

Drives: 2018 1LT RS V6 Nightfall Grey
You really cant see it unless you bend over and look, it's almost under the front bumper, but i know its there.
thebighar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:37 PM   #5
KP MOVN
"Keep Movin With Kellie"

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebighar View Post
Down the jersey shore over the weekend, i was parking and was so concerned with the car next to me i scratched the front bottom of my bumper on a damn parking block, should i let it go and live with it or fix it. I dont have pics sorry. Its four scratches an inch long near the plastic valance underneath. I have been very careful with that while parking all the time, i guess s**t happens.

I know how you feel. I have been so careful to park away from cars and go slow out of deep driveways and I scraped my bumper wheni was exiting a parking lot. I was aware of the steepness and was extra careful but still hit!! It was an awful sound. I wanted to hit "rewind".. I haven't fixed it yet but I'm extra careful. I love my car so much, it's kinda scarey!!
KP MOVN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:46 PM   #6
mike12345
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro 1LT
if its a daily driver, it's not going to stay new forever.

You may as well leave it, someone will just ding your car at a store anyway.
mike12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:51 PM   #7
Blue Angel

Drives: 2010 LS ABM
IMHO...just let it go. It's not that visible so you're not going to be reminded of it all the time.

A few years ago, I restored a '68 Hurst/Olds. Went for a full-on buffed out show car paint job. I was so paranoid over getting it scratched that I almost never drove it and was afraid to park it anywhere. So I could never really enjoy the car for what it was - so I ended up selling it.

I love the new Camaro and I baby it with frequent washes and I park in the back forty, taking up two spaces if necessary. But I'm damned sure going to drive the car and enjoy it this time around.

Some scratches are inevitable, but I'm not going to let that deter me from getting the car out on the road as much as I want.

If a scrach is too obvious, then I'll probably get it fixed, but I'm not going to obsess over every little ding.

But that's just my own personal take on things.

It is SO great to to have a car like this that's worth fussing over.
Blue Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:53 PM   #8
Ravirn
Account Unaccounted for

Drives: Black SS
Aye, I say let it go as well. Cars were made to be driven and get unique dings by doing so. C'est la vie!
Old 03-07-2010, 09:58 PM   #9
tmac1granger33
NM HT5

Drives: COTW 3/5/12
We got a "Situation" here,
tmac1granger33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:01 PM   #10
Wizzer

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey
If you can see it from a standing position then fix it. If you have to bend down to see it don't bother. If its half way out of sight and hard to see try touch up paint. It wont be perfect but since its so low I bet it would blend enough not to catch anyone's eye.
Wizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:14 PM   #11
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebighar View Post
You really cant see it unless you bend over and look, it's almost under the front bumper, but i know its there.
And its all you see Huh?
Old 03-07-2010, 11:00 PM   #12
SicSix6
The Demon Photographer

Drives: 2010 1SS IOM Camaro
It's the rock dings that bother me.

1SS IOM LS3, GM 4-pack guages, SLP SS Front Emblem, Roto-Fab CAI, Solo Performance Mach X Exhaust, Barton Industries Short Throw Shifter
SicSix6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:41 PM   #13
Lauryn200
I Pity The Fool

Drives: Jeep Wrangler '06 & VW GTI 09
Funny Story:

Man buys his dream car Corvette,when he goes and picks it up from the dealer.He takes the key from the salesman,goes over to the passenger side of the car,he takes the keys to the car and puts a good size scratch on it.

Salesman goes ballistic "What are you doing??!?!?"

Car owner-"If it's gonna get scratched I want to be the first one to do it."
Lauryn200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:07 AM   #14
jmaryt

Drives: 2010 cgm LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KP MOVN View Post
I know how you feel. I have been so careful to park away from cars and go slow out of deep driveways and I scraped my bumper wheni was exiting a parking lot. I was aware of the steepness and was extra careful but still hit!! It was an awful sound. I wanted to hit "rewind".. I haven't fixed it yet but I'm extra careful. I love my car so much, it's kinda scarey!!
yeah!..it's scary s*it!..the only thing you can do is try to keep it away from other cars,..but i gotta tell ya it seems like people are really curious about the car and park next to me no matter where i park it!..(w.t.f!)..i get a sinking feeling every time i come out from a store and see some f*ckhead parked next to me in a parking lot the size of yankee stadium!..so far so good,but it's gonna happen count on it!..(w.t.f!)
jmaryt is offline   Reply With Quote