Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-30-2020, 02:29 PM   #1
Syndaar

Drives: 2017 V6 RS A8
Exclamation Tilt Lever Rattle

When the steering wheel tilt lever is engaged (as it should always be), I have a rattle every time I hit any sort of bumps. It comes from directly in that area, behind the steering wheel. If I release the tilt lever, it’s completely silent. It happens every time I drive the car and is really obnoxious. Took it to one dealer and they said they ‘couldn’t recreate the issue’. I don’t actually think they even looked at it. Anyone ever experience this?
Syndaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 07:10 PM   #2
Syndaar

Drives: 2017 V6 RS A8
Took it to another dealer and we have isolated the issue to something inside the base of the steering wheel rattling. Seems to get better when the steering wheel tilt lever is disengaged. Probably because there's more give to the steering column.

Either way, not gonna bother replacing the steering wheel (which costs about $600 btw) for a rattle.
Syndaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 05:03 PM   #3
njweatherman

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS, redline edition
2018 2ss Camaro.

Lately, I have been hearing a weird rattle type noise coming from the dashboard area. I came across your thread. I'm wondering if it is the steering wheel. Mine only makes the noise when stopped at a light or at slow speeds. Once I put the transmission in park and put on the e-brake, the noise stops. Also, I do not hear it at highway speeds with the radio on.
njweatherman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dashboard, rattle, steering wheel, tilt lever